Accessible Customer Service Plan-Providing Goods and Services to People with Disabilities
CST Trust Company (“CST”) is committed to excellence in serving all customers including people with disabilities.
We will ensure that our staff are trained and familiar with various assistive devices that may be used by customers with disabilities while accessing our goods or services.
We will communicate with people with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability.
We welcome people with disabilities and their service animals. Service animals are allowed on the parts of our premises that are open to the public.
A person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person will be allowed to have that person accompany them on our premises.
NOTICE OF TEMPORARY DISRUPTION
In the event of a planned or unexpected disruption to services or facilities for customers with disabilities at our Canadian office locations, CST will notify customers promptly. This clearly posted notice will include information about the reason for the disruption, its anticipated length of time, and a description of alternative facilities or services, if available. We will also post these notices on our website and through the call centre. The notice will be placed at the Canadian office locations of CST.
TRAINING FOR STAFF
CST will provide training to all employees via an online learning course with a test required to be completed by all employees. This training will be provided to new staff within the new hire process. Training will include:
- An overview of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the requirements of the customer service standard
- CST’s accessible customer service plan.
- How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities
- How to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or a support person
- How to use the TTY, wheelchair lifts, etc., available on-site or otherwise that may help with providing goods or services to people with disabilities]
- What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty in accessing CST’s goods and services
Staff will also be trained when changes are made to our accessible customer service plan.
Customers who wish to provide feedback on the way CST provides goods and services to people with disabilities can be sent by e-mail to email@example.com; by calling 1-800-387-0825, or via mail to 320 Bay Street 3rd Floor Toronto, ON M5H 4A6. All feedback will be directed to the Chief Compliance Officer. Customers can expect to hear back in 10 business days. Complaints will be addressed according to CST’s regular complaint management procedures.